Protecting your privacy is important to us. We hope the following statement will help you understand how Commonweal collects, uses, and safeguards the personal information you provide to us.
What information do we collect?
- Commonweal collects data, such as your contact information, when you make a donation, pay fees, or make a purchase.
How do we use or share the information we collect?
- Information, which you voluntarily supply, is used to: complete a transaction, send you a tax receipt, or send you occasional information about our work, such as our Newsletter or emails about events.
- WE DO NOT SHARE OR SELL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH ANY OTHER COMPANY OR ORGANIZATION FOR THIRD-PARTY MARKETING OR ANY OTHER PURPOSE.
- If you wish to be anonymous in any publication of our supporters, we will gladly honor that request.
What are your choices regarding the uses of the collected information?
- If you prefer to conserve financial and natural resources, you can request that we only communicate with you via email and not via US mail.
- If you prefer to NOT receive our Newsletter and/or to NOT be notified by email about our work, you can contact us at anytime at email@example.com. Your opt-out choice will be honored immediately upon receipt.
- Your questions can be directed to us via phone (415-868-0970) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Your inquiry will be directed to the appropriate person.
- We will provide answers to any questions you may have regarding privacy.
How do we protect your information?
- For online transactions, we only partner with organizations that encrypt personal information being transferred over the Internet.
- Our database is password protected and available only to specific staff who use the database. Sharing of personal information, even among staff of different programs, is severely restricted.