Planned Giving

For more information: contact Executive Director Oren Slozberg

Thank you for considering naming Commonweal in your trust. When we started Commonweal in 1976, we never dreamed we would be talking to you forty years later about sustaining our work further into the future.

  • Today, through the Cancer Help Program, we work to give support and healing to cancer patients and their families.
  • Today, through our programs like biomonitoring, we help small communities discover, document, and speak out about toxic chemicals they’ve been made to endure.
  • Today, through the Commonweal Juvenile Justice Program, we work with legal communities in our state and around the US to help children and young adults in the juvenile justice system.
  • Today, through Visual Thinking Strategies, teachers are sharing art and developing critical thinking with over 100,000 young people.

Who knows what tomorrow will bring? We know planned giving is not the most comfortable subject to consider, but that you would read this for the benefit of Commonweal makes us profoundly grateful.

How Planned Giving Helps

There are many ways you can leave a legacy to Commonweal, and at the same time provide yourself and your loved ones with significant tax benefits. With careful planning it may be possible to reduce income taxes and transfer taxes. Working with an estate planning professional will help you maximize your personal benefits and allow you to make gifts you might not have thought possible. You can enjoy tax savings while turning appreciated assets into an income for yourself or others. Planned giving is a tool that helps you achieve your goals for Commonweal while enhancing your personal financial plans and security.

In addition to outright, tax-deductible cash gifts, there are other creative ways to give, including:


Please be advised that the information provided here is not intended as tax or legal advice, but as accurate and authoritative general information on planned giving. For legal advice, please consult with your attorney and/or tax advisor.