Commonweal Open House
May 01, 2016
12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
at Commonweal, Bolinas
451 Mesa Road, Bolinas, CA 94924
Be our guest
for the Commonweal Open House
Celebrating Our 40th Anniversary
Walk the Commonweal land, find out more about our programs,
and meet our program directors.
Registration is required due to limited space on our grounds
Commonweal is a center for learning and research, transformation and discovery. Our programs work in the areas of health & healing; education & the arts; and environment & justice. We are located in Bolinas, California, on land that is part of the Point Reyes National Seashore.
The Commonweal Open House is a special, once-a-year event, when all of our programs gather to share their work with our community. Walk our grounds, visit the Commonweal Garden, learn about our programs, and meet the program directors.
Schedule of Events
12:00 pm – Welcome!
Grounds Tours begin, led by the Commonweal staff and volunteers (every 30 min)
12:00-4:00 pm – Commonweal Program Fair
12:30 pm – Program presentations – Get to know Commonweal’s programs
- Healing What Ails the Legal Profession with Pauline Tesler of the Integrative Law Institute
- Ecology of Awakening with Kerry Brady
1:00 pm – Program presentations – Get to know Commonweal’s programs
- Introduction to Visual Thinking Strategies with Liz Harvey
- Healing Programs in the garden – James Stark & Anna O’Malley
2:30 pm – Program presentations – Get to know Commonweal’s programs
- Panel Discussion: Commonweal has a deep commitment to improving human and environmental health. During this session, the directors of four different programs — the Commonweal Biomonitoring Program (Sharyle Patton), the Collaborative on Health and the Environment (Elise Miller), the Wonen’s Health Program (Heather Sarantis) and SafetyNEST (Alexandra Destler) — will provide an overview of how toxic environmental exposures are undermining the health of current and future generations and what we can do individually and collectively to address these concerns.
- Preparation of Medicinal Plants – Penny Livingston of the Regenerative Design Institute
3:00 pm – Program presentations – Get to know Commonweal’s programs
- Panel Discussion (continued)
- Healing Yoga with Kate Holcombe
- Sand Tray
Please let us know you will be joining us, by RSVPing here.
For more information, contact Amber Faur. We need volunteers! Please contact Amber if you would like to help.